This list could go on for forever….literally. There are so many places I still want to see, but I have tried to narrow it down to my top 10 (obviously grouped by my definition of “trip” so I can get more destinations in there).
I want to keep adding more, but I will wait until I check one off and then replace it with a new one.
1. Falling in love with San Francisco, wine tasting my way through Napa and Sonoma and exploring the beauty of Yosemite National Park …why do I keep putting this trip off for “further” destinations?!
2. Wildlife safari in Tanzania, experience Victoria Falls from Zimbabwe and Zamibia and explore the worldly city of Cape Town and the surrounding Winelands. Completed September 2015
3. Make the four day trek to the see the ancient Incan civilization of Machu Picchu.
4. Get lost wandering through the canals and alleyways of Venice, including taking a gondola ride (even if they are touristy) and eating lots of pizza. Completed September 2013
5. Watch the first sunrise in the continental US from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park. Completed June 2014
6. Experience the biodiversity of Costa Rica, zip line through the rainforest and sleep in a tree house hotel.
7. Whether seeing the northern lights in the winter, experiencing the culture of Reykjavik or traveling to see the geysers, glaciers and waterfalls, I am itching to get to Iceland! Completed August 2014
8. Explore the iconic national parks of Utah, viewing the delicate arch in Arches National Park, glimpsing the coral hued in Bryce Canyon and hiking and biking my way through Zion, Canyonlands and Monument Valley. Planned for August 2016
9. Experience the vibrant history and culture of Belfast as well as the beauty of Giant’s Causeway and Donegal. Completed June 2016
10. Explore my family’s heritage in Nova Scotia, exploring the coast and making my way over to Prince Edward Island.
11. Explore the neighborhoods, history and culture of London. Completed December 2014
12. Visit the Scandanavian countries of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland – taking in the unique culture and beauty of each.
13. Explore Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.